New version! EuroBoundaryMap v5.0
The new version v5.0 of the product EuroBoundaryMap (EBM), the reference data base of European administrative regions according to the reference date of 1 January 2010 for applications at scale 1:100 000, has been completed by BKG by order of EuroGeographics
EuroBoundaryMap is a seamless geo data base, based on a product specification, which has been established and continuously improved by BKG with regard to current user needs and INSPIRE requirements.
EuroBoundaryMap v5.0 offers for 40 European countries the geometry, names and codes of administrative regions and statistical territorial units and will be maintained furthermore yearly by the National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies, members of EuroGeographics.
EBM v5.0 allows not only the direct access to each national administrative level, but is comprising for all local administrative units of EU countries also a linkage to the statistical territorial units of current NUTS classification (Nomenclature des Unités Territoriales Statistiques) .
EuroBoundaryMap v5.0 offers:
- the geometry of all European administrative and statistical regions from commune to country level
- the Names (Unicode-UTF8 and ASCII) and unique hierarchical structured identifier (UIDs) of all administrative units at each national administrative level
- a unique coding system for all national administrative levels including their designations and the relations between them
- for all local administrative units of 27 EU and 4 EFTA countries their linkage to the statistical LAU- and NUTS-regions
- a distinction between land and water areas of administrative units
In January 2011 this updated reference data base of European administrative regions and a final report has been delivered according to contractual requirements to the statistical agency of European Union Eurostat. In the meantime a new contract for the following four years has been signed between EuroGeographics and Eurostat not only for EuroBoundaryMap, but also for EuroGlobalMap and EuroRegionalMap. The next version, EBM v6.0, which BKG has to finalize until end of 2011, will contain the European administrative regions referring to the national census dates.
Please visit the products website to learn more about the current product specification and the ordering.