New Version: EuroRegionalMap v4.0
EuroRegionalMap (ERM) v4.0 is a pan-European dataset containing topogeographic information at the scale 1:250 000 covering 32 European countries: 26 EU countries (Bulgaria not included), 4 EFTA countries and the Republic of Moldova.
It is a seamless and harmonised dataset and is produced in cooperation by the National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies (NMCAs) of Europe, using official national databases.
ERM v4.0 includes updates for the themes Administrative boundaries, Hydrography, Transportation, and Built-up areas (settlements).
These updates were performed in two steps in the period 2009/2010. In 2009, the themes Administrative boundaries, Transportation and Built-up areas (settlements) were updated by NMCAs. Further in 2010, NMCAs provided an update for the theme Hydrography considering a better harmonisation and integration of the water network in Europe.
Changes in the concept and data model for the layer Transport:
- New feature type Road Intersection representing same grade-crossings between roads
- Adding the new feature Airport/Airfield connection point for connecting to the road and railway features
- Adding a thematic unique identifier for railway stations in consistency with EGM data.
- Adding a new table containing the links between ferry crossings and departure/arrival ports.
- New harmonised road classification that can be used for visualisation
Changes in the concept and data model for the layer Settlement:
- New reference points for built-up areas.
- New thematic unique identifiers to link the reference points and the areas for settlements.
Changes in the concept and data model for the layer Hydrography:
- New feature type Sea Limit A unique thematic identifier was introduced for water features
Changes in the concept and data model for the layer Geographical Names:
Adding the new feature geographical name portrayed as line feature.