When Images Turn into Information -
Digital Orthophotos (DOP)
(Accessible text version)
Aerial Images with the Manifold Qualities of a Map
There is no more comprehensive form to represent a landscape than by a photo. Today innumerable Internet services profit from the positive qualities of digital aerial images and from what these evoke in the observer. They inspire the natural curiosity of man as well as his pleasure of looking at the world from the bird's-eye view. Due to their simple interpretability and genuine representation they have proved successful similarly as a part of a brochures or as an information element in the course of a real estate hypothecation.
Digital orthophotos, however, do not only open up purely visual evaluation possibilities for you. Due to their uniform scale they have all characteristic features of a classic map. Measuring of distances or the calculation of areas is therefore possible. The orthophotos can as well be amended by further selected contents, e.g. from digital landscape models. By the integration of street names and administrative boundaries in combination with one’s own planning information orthophotos become an indispensable presentation medium with high recognition value.
Emotion and Significance Combined with Geometric Precision – Of Official Attested Quality
The quality of digital orthophotos depends to a high extent on the Digital Terrain Models used for the rectification of the original aerial images. For that the surveying authorities of the Federal States of Germany use a dense digital terrain model especially collected for this purpose. This is the base for a superior positional accuracy of the official orthophotos. With ground resolutions of 20 - 40 cm moreover highest demands are met as regards level of detail and sharpness of the images. Also in the long run continuous aerial surveys in the Federal States ensure a high topicality for them.
Your Advantage – Your Added Value
- Emotional and realistic presentation of planning projects, easily understandable for everyone, the base for a broad acceptance
- Representation of time series as a complete proof of changes of the landscape, important basic information for questions of regional studies and history as well as for the preservation of evidence
Real Estate Management
- Comprehensive additional information about the location of an object, upgrading for sales kits, expressive and informative in combination with "Points of Interest" (e.g. public transport stops, schools, shopping facilities)
Building Industry, Network Service Providers
- Preliminary information for building projects, possibly saving on-site appointments, considerable cost saving for the enterprise
Environmental and Nature Protection
- Recognizing of hazardous waste from the past, detection and proof of sealed areas, preservation of evidence of damages caused by natural phenomena (e.g. effects of inundations or storms)
Further Areas of Application
- Agriculture and forestry, mining, water management, archeology, geology, tourism