- Production and updating of digital and analog topographic maps
- Maintenance of historical topographic maps
Production and updating of digital and analog topographic maps
These include, as geotopographic basic data, in the form of raster data the digital products:
- Digital Topographic Map 1 : 200,000 (DTK200),
- Digital Topographic Map 1 : 500,000 (DTK500),
- Digital Topographic Map 1 : 1,000,000 (DTK1000),
- Federal Republic of Germany on CD-ROM (Top200),
and in the form of map prints the analogue products:
- Topographic General Map 1 : 200,000 (TÜK),
- Topographic Map 1 : 500,000 (TK500)
- General Map 1 : 750,000 (ÜD750) and
- Topographic Map 1 : 1,000,000 (TK1000).
The digital Topographic Maps (DTK) as well as the corresponding map prints (TK) are supplied for distribution as a standardized topographic description of the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Maintenance of historical topographic maps
Besides the current topographic maps are also maintained "Historical Topographic Maps" at the scales 1 : 25,000 (planetable maps), 1 : 100,000 (Map of the German Reich) and 1 : 300,000 (special editions of the General Map of Middle Europe).
These map series originating from the stocks of the former "Reichsamt für Landesaufnahme des Deutschen Reiches" (Reich’s Agency for Surveying) are still published as unchanged reprints covering the area of the territorities that formerly belonged to the "Deutsche Reich" situated to the east of the boundary of the Federal Republic of Germany.